Requirements for the error report
In order to exclude unnecessary overhead questions, or even premature closure of the error in the state "Not a bug", and to speed up the process of localization of the problem, it is recommended to follow the following requirements for the report:
- Specify the environment of the execution of OpenSCADA, that is: Distribution and version of the operating system.
- Specify the version of OpenSCADA, including the SVN revision of the working branch.
- Specify the configuration and execution features.
- In the case of free support, it is mandatory to reproduce the problem in standard configurations and in the demo database, especially if it is an emergency crash and it is not possible to generate a crash report or it is indescribable.
- Describe the actions that cause the error.
- Attach the OpenSCADA message protocol for a session with the error.
- Generate a program crash report — unroll the stack at the time of the crash.
- the report is usually generated automatically by generating it from the pre-mortem memory dump; refer to the next section to enable the dump generation and manual generation of the report from it;
- for problems related to the blocking of one or more OpenSCADA threads, it may be useful to manually interrupt the program by the "SIGSEGV" signal, which will cause the formation of the death dump and the fall-down report with the information about the hangover;
- to significantly increase the use of the stack unrolling, you must add debugging information, by setting the "-g" option during compilation, or install the ready debug package openscada-dbg.