Topic with no new replies

[BugWrong] compilation error with MariaDB 10.2+

Written on: 28. 05. 2018 [04:23]
franta
František Hanzlík
Topic creator
registered since: 18.07.2014
Hi,
when trying to build OpenSCADA v0.9+r2550 on Fedora 27/i686, compilation ends with error:

make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/ARCHIV/misc_src/openscada/openscada-0.9+r2550/src/moduls/bd/SQLite'
Making all in moduls/bd/MySQL
make[3]: Entering directory '/mnt/ARCHIV/misc_src/openscada/openscada-0.9+r2550/src/moduls/bd/MySQL'
/bin/sh ../../../../libtool --tag=CXX --tag=disable-static --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../src -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/mysql/mysql -g -O2 -MT bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.Tpo -c -o bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.lo `test -f 'my_sql.cpp' || echo './'`my_sql.cpp
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../src -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/mysql/mysql -g -O2 -MT bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.Tpo -c my_sql.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.o
my_sql.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void BDMySQL::MBD::postDisable(int)’:
my_sql.cpp:109:11: error: ‘MYSQL {aka struct st_mysql}’ has no member named ‘reconnect’
tcon.reconnect = 1;
^~~~~~~~~
my_sql.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void BDMySQL::MBD::enable()’:
my_sql.cpp:153:13: error: ‘MYSQL {aka struct st_mysql}’ has no member named ‘reconnect’
connect.reconnect = 1;
^~~~~~~~~
make[3]: *** [Makefile:423: bd_MySQL_la-my_sql.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/ARCHIV/misc_src/openscada/openscada-0.9+r2550/src/moduls/bd/MySQL'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:734: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/ARCHIV/misc_src/openscada/openscada-0.9+r2550/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:372: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/ARCHIV/misc_src/openscada/openscada-0.9+r2550/src'
make: *** [Makefile:609: all-recursive] Error 1

Searching for this error, this problem is caused by the change in MariaDB 10.2 (I have mariadb-10.2.14) - see e.g.:
https://forum.kopano.io/topic/718/solved-compiling-error-mysql-has-no-member-named-reconnect/6

Written on: 28. 05. 2018 [09:12]
roman
Roman Savochenko
Contributor
Developer
registered since: 12.12.2007
"franta" wrote:

Hi,
when trying to build OpenSCADA v0.9+r2550 on Fedora 27/i686, compilation ends with error:

Searching for this error, this problem is caused by the change in MariaDB 10.2 (I have mariadb-10.2.14) - see e.g.:
https://forum.kopano.io/topic/718/solved-compiling-error-mysql-has-no-member-named-reconnect/6

OK, but it is not an error of OpenSCADA! Read the rules:
Attention! Errors of building is not an error of OpenSCADA!
As this is usually the question of: correct setting up of the building environment, support of the building or problems of the compiler, support for builds with those or other libraries. What is described in detail in the manual.
Therefore, if you are still interested now in building for the specific environment, then you need to implement this adaptation yourself or request that at the developers.

But I have not interested in the unstable Fedora to do this adaption myself, in free. And for MariaDB 10.1 on Debian 9, OpenSCADA is successfully built.

Learn, learn and learn better than work, work and work.
Written on: 26. 06. 2018 [06:59]
roman
Roman Savochenko
Contributor
Developer
registered since: 12.12.2007
I have adapted this behavior for OpenSuSE 15 Leap, then OpenSCADA must be built also on the last Fedora.

Learn, learn and learn better than work, work and work.